Food & Medication Deliveries
Below you'll find a list of resources to get food delivered to your home.
- Amazon is accepting SNAP benefits for food deliveries. Have your Benefit Card ready and order on-line at Amazon Snap.
- Catholic Charities—call 888-744-7900 for details.
- The Food Bank for NYC—call 212-566-7855 for details.
- Instacart has been working with various stores and supermarkets to deliver food to your door.
- Meals on Wheels—Contact Christine Diaz at PSPS by calling 212-243-0353 for details.
- Westside Market has been take phone orders, and delivery is free with a minimum of $25 purchase within a 10 block radius (covering Penn South). To place your order, call 212-627-6160.
- Gristedes Supermarket is taking phone order Monday through Saturday from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM; Sunday from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Deliveries are scheduled between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM; fees vary. Have your payment method ready and call 212-243-8644 to place your order.
- NYC Public Schools are offering three free meals a day to all New Yorkers throughout the summer. On the list of Hubs, choose School District 2.
The grocery stores below are offering early shopping hours for seniors:
Chelsea Apothecary is delivering prescriptions and OTC meds, vitamins, and toiletries (if stocked) to Penn South residents at no charge. Call 212-929-0800 to place your order. You can also email prescription requests to Chelsea Apothecary (being sure to include your prescription details, your doctor’s information, and your phone number).